Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 2

After spending one week here in DC, I started to get the hang of the city. I started to know where the best grocery stores are, which metro to take, and that Wednesdays are the day to go to the local farmer's market (they have wonderful mango gelato). My experience with the internship has been mundane so far. I update Publicsquare.net's facebook and twitter page, and even got a twitter page myself (still have no idea on how to use it). My job hunting experience, however, hasn't been so lucky. Granted that I've only been here for a week, but I'm starting to get a bit lazy (haha!), so I need to keep myself occupied. It's not easy, since there's not much to do (that I know of yet), and that I don't have many friends down here (most of them are off traveling elsewhere). Thus, I've decided that studying maybe the next best thing (GREs, here I come). With that said, I'm starting to see how working part-time can be kinda boring, but full-time is exhausting. I need to find a balance between the two, and then maybe I'll have some luck in the "job-hunting" department. Who knows, maybe I'll decided to stay in DC indefinitely without a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment